The Fuehrerbummer

The Fuehrerbummer
It's Saturday and I wanted to post some extra scripts. I know you're used to them on Saturday.

(The Fuehrerbunker, late April, 1945. A Russian shell has exploded close to the entrance, reverberating loudly in the war room, where a general braces at a table with a colonel.)

General: Oh no.

Colonel: Do you think it woke him? (Enter a visibly depleted Fuehrer. At the sight of him, the officers turn to each other in dismay.)

Fuehrer: We are going to win the war! I've just had the most reassuring dream. We were parading in triumph through Moscow. The crowds were ecstatic! I tell you, it was just like the old days.

General: Can you tell us how we did it, mine Fuehrer?

Fuehrer: Not yet. I need to dream some more. Send a full pint of cream to my chamber.

General: (Saluting) At once, mine Fuehrer. (Exit the Fuehrer. The general turns to the colonel and shakes his head with incredulity.)

(An hour later. Another tremendous blast disturbs the officers' card game. Enter the Fuehrer. The officers despondently rise to attention.)

Fuehrer: We are going to win the war! I just had some more of that dream. I was viewing a film of the most incredible explosion, powerful enough to destroy a whole city in one blast! It had to be an atomic bomb. This will change everything.

General: Are you sure it is ours, mine Fuehrer?

Fuehrer: I think so. It was playing on a vast screen behind me in Red Square. Then I slowly ascended to a place of glory on some sort of victory pedestal. I've never seen such a happy crowd! Just one odd thing.

General: Yes?

Fuehrer: They weren't heiling me with Aryan salutes, just cheering madly for me. I guess I'll have to take one more nap and try to get to the bottom of it. Have Doctor Morell prepare an injection and meet me in my chamber.

General: (Saluting) At once, mine Fuehrer. (Exit the Fuehrer. As soon as he leaves, they go back to their card game.)

(An hour later. The shelling continues. Fully clothed, the officers hump their secretaries on the table when yet another shell lands too close and shakes the whole room. Immediately, the couples disengage and return to their feet. Enter the Fuehrer.)

Fuehrer: (Solemnly) Send Eva to my chamber, along with two cyanide capsules and a Lugar.

General: But what about your pedestal of victory?

Fuehrer: It is a man sized birdcage, with a collapsing floor! I am bound, hand and foot, with a noose around my neck!

Colonel: (To himself) No wonder they were cheering.

Fuehrer: Hurry up! I do not want to die like Jude Suss!

General: (Saluting) They are waiting for you in the box, mine Fuehrer. (The Fuehrer checks and finds the items.)

Fuehrer: How did you know?

General: I wouldn't dream of telling you, mine Fuehrer.
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2018. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Shoot Me

The Netherwork: Flush with Enthusiasm

Girl Logic